Welcome back to a New Year and our Spring Term!
We will be swimming on Tuesdays and have PE on Wednesday. Please ensure kits are in on the correct days.
During this half term we will be:
- Writing adventure stories based on the Anglo Saxons (whom we are finding out all about in our topic work)
- Learning about forces and magnets in Science
- Finding out about the Sacrament of Reconciliation in RE
- Trying our hardest to learn all of our times tables and be able to tell the time!
We should also get time to make our long awaited 'bug hotels'!
Here's to a happy and productive term in Year 3!
Welcome to Chestnut Class
Teacher: Mr Higgins
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Davies
1. Have the opportunity to reflect on what it means to be part of a family.
2. Have the opportunity to reflect on what it means to be part of the Christian family.
3. Have an opportunity to know that we join the Christian family when we are baptised.
4. Have an opportunity to know what happens when we are baptised.
5. Have an opportunity to know the signs used in Baptism and understand why they are used
6. Have an opportunity to know the promises made by parents and godparents at Baptism
This unit is intended to be taught across the whole year with a minimum of two lessons in each term.
Pupils look at the "homes" that insects and birds need and make the school friendlier towards these creatures.
They evaluate the success of the measures they have taken.
Pupils also observe plants over time to explore the development of seeds and the life cycle of plants.
Animals and Skeletons
Overview of the unit:
Pupils revisit the classification of animals according to diet as carnivores, herbivores or omnivores, researching
the diets of animals in more detail. They look at human dietary requirements and begin to identify different food
types and their different uses in the body. Dissecting an owl pellet provides a link between learning about diets
and the study of skeletons. Pupils learn about external and internal skeletons , making a life size skeleton diagram
and studying the names and functions of the major bones in the human skeleton.
|TOPIC - The Romans|
PE will be on Thursday and Friday.
Homework will be set on Friday and due in no later than Wednesday.
Reading, spellings and times tables should be practised every day and recorded in reading records.
Love one another as I have loved you (John 13:34)